TRICKS OF THE TRADE: CLEAN

One thing I can't stand is the sour, mildewy smell a sponge gets often when it's only days old. I used to throw sponges away as soon as I'd detect even the slightest hint of that unpleasant odor. Needless to say, I spent (wasted) a lot of money unnecessarily replacing sponges. Then one day it occurred to me to try and wash one in the dishwasher with a load of dishes. Problem solved! That was several years ago and to this day I always have two sponges in rotation...one out on the sink to clean with and the other in the dishwasher. When I empty the clean dishes from the dishwasher I switch out the sponges. So, I never go more than a couple of days without having a freshly cleaned sponge and they last for weeks instead of days before I have to replace them!
Here are the sponges I currently enjoy using. They're biodegradable, they're not an eyesore sitting on the kitchen sink and they get the job done.


2 comments :

  1. I've been living without a dishwasher since September:( so I go through a lot of sponges. But I've recently found the twist brand also! I'm a huge fan of the sponge cloths. Sadly, I can't put them in my non-existent dishwasher BUT so far, no smell. And I also can't stand that smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is hard to fix it oneself, please do not do it. I tried to repair a broken shower by myself plus the predicament was not fixed but it became much more and it produced me to spent much more money. You may contact any renovators, my cousin changed the counter best of his kitchen via kitchen countertops.

    ReplyDelete