1 Month


I can't believe it's already been a month since I gave birth to our little baby girl, Frances. It has already gone by so fast. The first two weeks, Frances seemed like she was going to be easier than I could've imagined. She slept most of the day and night and when she was awake she was usually in a pretty good mood. She only cried when she was either hungry or sleepy. I felt like I had this whole parenting thing in the bag. Then, during her third week, she started showing her true colors. Although she continued to sleep well during the night, she started sleeping less during the day and when she was awake she was often crying. According to all the research, she wasn't crying enough to qualify for having colic, but she was crying enough to make me feel like a crazy person. The sound of her cry made me feel so tense no matter how many times Todd (and others) told me it was "normal" and that even though she was crying she was okay. How can she be okay when she's looking up at me all teary-eyed and red-faced screaming bloody murder?!? There's nothing that seems normal about that. In reality she only cries for 10-20 minutes at a time. I feel so bad for these parents who have to deal with it for sometimes hours on end...I think I would shoot myself!

On a much more thrilling note, Frances has also started smiling and cooing, both of which are the cutest things I've ever seen. She tries so hard to communicate with us in her own adorable language. I love it so much! And her smile absolutely melts my heart. She has also been holding up her head pretty well. And, most importantly, she sleeps very well at night. She only wakes up on average twice a night to nurse and then goes right back to sleep. So, Todd and I have been getting at least seven hours a night, which we are very grateful for.

All of this in one month? I can't wait to see how she'll change and develop in another month!

No comments :

Post a Comment